Timoney Technology is a global leader in the design of specialist driveline systems for off-road vehicles. We are experts in Vehicle Dynamics, Independent Suspension and Axle systems. Synonymous with short, fast paced development programs, Timoney provide complete vehicle design and Project Managed solutions across construction, fire-fighting, vocational, defence, mining and special purpose vehicle markets.
Based in Ireland, Timoney has been in business for over 50 years and has exported to over 40 countries worldwide.
Due to continued expansion, including some exciting projects on Electric & Hybrid technology, Timoney are now looking to recruit a Vehicle Technician to join our team.
Based in Navan, we are looking for an experienced individual who can handle a range of responsibilities and who can respond to tight deadlines in a proficient, flexible manner. The successful candidate will have the ability and experience to handle the day-to-day technical problems and work tasks related to the service, maintenance and repair of our internal machinery and our customers vehicle/driveline portfolio where required. This role will be perfect for someone with experience working on the repair and maintenance of machinery along with a passion for working within a growing team. The role will also include responsibilities in Operations and Warehouse.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assembly and test of Timoney product.
* Assembly and test of Prototype Vehicles & Driveline Components.
* Install, upgrade, configure and support parts and equipment.
* Troubleshoot and coordinate the tasks necessary to solve issues.
* Communicate with Engineering Manager and appropriate personnel about project status, milestones and problems and assist whenever needed to ensure compliance and follow-thru.
* Take the responsibility of pre-implementation and installation jobs, assist personnel with product trial evaluations and/or trade shows.
* Able to manage multiple requests at one time (multi-task).
* Assist in Operations and Warehouse including packing of orders, storing items received and related tasks.
* Trained or willing to train to drive Forklift/Combi Lift.
* Responsible for Health & Safety compliance in the workshop including arranging the annual inspections of all equipment and recording of same.
* Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
* Ideally: Mechanical/Electrical background.
* A relevant Trade Certificate is required.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Be willing to learn and adapt.
* Work efficiently as part of a team and also on own initiative.
* High attention to detail skills.
* Flexible to the needs of the business as you may be asked to work multiple roles within the business depending on requirements.
* Be responsible and take ownership of your work.
* Availability for International travel.
* Allowed to work in Ireland.