Timoney Technology is a global leader in the design of specialist driveline systems for off-road vehicles. We are experts in Vehicle Dynamics, Independent Suspension and Axle systems. Synonymous with short, fast paced development programs, Timoney provide complete vehicle design and Project Managed solutions across construction, fire-fighting, vocational, defence, mining and special purpose vehicle markets.
Based in Ireland, Timoney has been in business for over 50 years and has exported to over 40 countries worldwide.
Due to continued expansion, including some exciting projects on Electric & Hybrid technology, Timoney are now looking to hire an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team.
Based in Navan, the role will involve working alone or as part of our design teams working on internal and client projects on all aspects of suspension & driveline design, powertrain systems and vehicle integration.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Produce high quality design solutions for all types of suspension, driveline and powertrain systems.
• Deliver cost effective project designs on time, in a busy, fast paced environment.
• Have experience of Vehicle Design and Development.
• Experience of Gear design, Driveline design or Steering System design are desirable but not essential.
• Maintain quality standards for project 3D models and manufacturing drawings.
• Maintain a keen awareness of industry trends and new developments in technology across driveline, suspension & powertrain systems
• Communicate and present clearly both internally and externally to clients & suppliers.
• Impart knowledge to and develop the junior members of the design department.
• Contribute to the ongoing update of the Timoney knowledge database.
• Help develop quality standards and processes.
While a background in vehicle design and development would be a distinct advantage, we will also consider candidates with a strong background in mechanical design and an aptitude for vehicle engineering.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or significant directly relevant experience) is required.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate 3D mechanical design experience across prototype and low volume production, with a particular emphasis on component strength, material selection and design for manufacture.
• The Design Engineer will be a highly motivated self-starter but who will also be able to operate in a team environment.
• Experience in using simulation tools (eg Matlab, / Simulink or equivalent) would be a distinct advantage
• The candidate should have experience of using one or more of the major 3D CAD systems (Solidworks, ProE or CATIA). Proven experience with design analysis tools such as ANSYS would be an advantage.
• Allowed to work in Ireland