Timoney Technology is a global leader in Ride and Handling for heavy duty vehicles, providing solutions across construction, fire-fighting, vocational, defence, mining and special purpose vehicle markets. Based in Ireland, Timoney has been in business for over 50 years and has exported to over 40 countries worldwide
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to hire a Key Account Technical Support Specialist to join our team.
Based in Navan, the successful candidate will be responsible for increasing customer satisfaction by supporting Timoney’s key customers and licensees on all technical queries and complaints related to active programs.
• Customer Contact: Act as principal point of technical contact for designated key customers and licensees.
• Tech Support: Respond in a timely way to product-related inquiries on quality issues, technical and design-related requests and queries on product operation.
• Tech Issues Governance: Keep an up to date ‘action item list’ with each key customer that helps tracking of open items, closure time, etc.
• Issues Resolution: Liaise with Timoney’s engineering and quality departments to assign items to individual owners, follows up each item all the way from the time they are raised to the time they are completed. Communicate status regularly to the customer.
• Customer Feedback: Proactively enquire and obtain regular feedback about the performance of Timoney products with the customer. Document and report customer feedback on a regular basis.
• Product Development: Support product development programs by bringing customer feedback.
• Tech Training: Inform and trains customers. about products and their use.
• Travel: Liaison with the key customers will necessitate regular travel (20-25% indicative).
• Resolution time for technical issues.
• Customer satisfaction index.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or significant directly relevant experience) is required.
• Good understanding of mechanical engineering products and specifications.
• Customer driven, can relate with customer and develop relationships.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with good communication skills and can-do attitude.
• Strong influencing ability working across multi-functional departments.
• Delivery on commitments.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, main working relationships are with:
• Engineering Department.
• Quality Manager.
• Sales Managers.