Timoney Technology is a global leader in the design of specialist driveline systems for off-road vehicles. We are experts in Vehicle Dynamics, Independent Suspension, and Axle systems. Synonymous with short, fast-paced development programs, Timoney provides complete vehicle design and project-managed solutions across construction, firefighting, vocational, defence, mining, and special-purpose vehicle markets.
Based in Ireland, Timoney has been in business for over 50 years and has exported to over forty countries worldwide.
Due to continued expansion, including exciting electrical and hybrid technology projects, Timoney is now looking to hire an EV Electrical Controls Engineer to join our team designing next generation off road Hybrid electric vehicles.
Based in Navan, the HYBRID role will involve working alone or as part of our design teams on internal and client projects. We develop all aspects of vehicle suspension, driveline, and powertrain systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Develop software and hardware systems that control a vehicle’s driveline i.e. electric axles, steering and suspension systems.
• Develop software algorithms through MATLAB, Simulink, C++ (or equivalent).
• Develop & apply control system validation test methods, tools, and processes to ensure system functionality and robustness.
• Develop CAN bus protocols to communicate with other systems on the vehicle.
• Prepare specifications of electrical systems to ensure that the installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Design high and low-voltage circuits based on customer specifications using 3D or schematic modelling software.
• Calibrate control systems on vehicles and troubleshoot software and hardware issues as they arise.
• A strong background in electrical and electronic control systems design with an aptitude for vehicle engineering.
• A degree in Mechanical, Controls, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or significant directly relevant experience) is
• Experience in developing software through MATLAB, Simulink or C, C++ along with an understanding of electric vehicle
powertrains would be a distinct advantage.
• Motivated self-starter who will also be able to operate in a team environment.
• The candidate should have experience using one or more of the major CAD systems (SolidWorks, Visio).
• Permission to work in Ireland.