Timoney STRIDER – Independent Front Suspension for On-Highway Trucks
Timoney developed the world’s first independent suspension for Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) trucks in the 1970’s and in the decades since has continued to lead the evolution of Independent Suspension systems for trucks.
In 2003, Timoney expanded its Independent Suspension range to the on-highway truck market with the introduction of STRIDER. STRIDER provides independent suspension performance for truck front axles in the higher weight ratings (18-24,000 lb) that competing suspensions can’t reach.
STRIDER provides the following features:
Performance with Safety Weight rating 18-24,000 lb (8,200-10,900kg).
- Fully independent, double wishbone suspension reduces vibration and shaking at speed, especially on poor or unimproved roads.
- 10” wheel travel keeps both wheels on the road when crossing bumps and potholes.
- Knorr/Bendix full air disk brake with 17” brake disk for maximum stopping power. ABS compatible.
- Steer axle with a maximum lock angle of 45° for increased manoeuverability.
Tough, Practical Construction
- Steel coil springs with dual rate to optimise ride and handling. Koni heavy duty dampers with hydraulic stops
- Rugged cast and fabricated components absorb road impacts.
- Mounts onto conventional channel section truck chassis.
- Fits 385/65 R22.5, 425/65 R22.5, 445/65 R22.5 tyres. Others available on application.
Engineered and Tested
- 30 years of Independent Suspension experience at Timoney.
- Tested on purpose-built Timoney suspension test rig
Tested on fire trucks and on-highway trucks.